National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare Foundation
NCPSSM Foundation has an immediate opening for a Development Assistant to provide programmatic and administrative support to advance the goals of the National Committee Foundation. This position reports to the Foundation Director.
This is a new position and a wonderful opportunity for someone with entry level fundraising experience and good writing and organizational skills, in addition to the criteria mentioned below.
- Provides support for meetings, projects and follow-up actions
- Helps to increase the Foundations new prospect pipelines in close collaboration with Foundation Director; tracks, drafts and organizes grant reports; develops grant proposals; researches grant and individual prospects
- Conducts research for NCPSSMF projects
- Drafts letters, proposals and other documents; conducts reviews for accuracy and formatting
- Develops and manages fundraising collateral; maintains collection of research data, updates reports, documents and materials used by the Foundation
- Maintains calendar of events, provides logistical support and coordinates travel arrangements
- Coordinates the review process for departmental items such as timesheets, vouchers and check requests
This position has no direct reports
High school diploma required; Bachelors degree in relevant field is preferred; minimum of two years experience in similar support function including two years supporting senior level staff, experience in fundraising, sales or marketing environment is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to articulate the organization's relevance and value to current and prospective donors; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Our offices are conveniently located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC and accessible to several modes of public transportation. This position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Candidates may send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the NCPSSM Foundation website at www.ncpssmfoundation.org